Re: [OM] That bay place item 1321437082

Subject: Re: [OM] That bay place item 1321437082
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:14:53 -0500

I recognize that switch!!
It's *only* found on the rare OM-1[n] and OM-2[n] black bodies manufactured at Olympus' secret Wyoming factory. They had quite a problem for some time with the jackelope gnawing on the plastic switch levers, so the plant management turned it into a very special feature as a unique "designer" switch.

-- John

John,

Since you seem to have an inside connection in the secret Wyoming plant, is there any truth to the rumor that the plant is secretly working on plans to offer an OM-5, available in various colors, similar to those in the new Hasselblads? Or is this simply a scurrilous rumor sewn by our enemies, who know how we pine, not only for an OM-5, but for a *red* one?

There was a rather profound post on another list this evening, pointing out that brides now have the delightful option of color-coordinating the photographer's Hassy to the rest of her chosen palette. Think of the possibilities: a camo OM-5 for wildlife photography, a plaid OM-5 to match your shirt for street photography. I'm just noodling, here; my bet is that the secret Wyoming plant is way ahead of our wildest imaginings.

John