Re: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 02:01:21 +0000
At 06:49 1/12/02, Ag-Schnozz wrote:

Possible, but I suspect that the modem is downgrading its speed
due to noise on the line, incoming calls (call waiting, pulse,
etc) or some such nonesense.

The "rusty wire" rural phone lines strike again. I've observed this in other very rural areas where a number of cousins my cousins live. They don't even connect at high speed; I can hear the modem hand shaking its way down in speed when they connect.

-- John