Re: [OM] HELP! Did I ruin my roll??

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP! Did I ruin my roll??
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:18:19 -0500

One possibility of why the roll is going past your roll size is
that the takeup reel is slipping.  This can happen when you
shove the leader too far through the take up spindle, or it
comes off of the take up spindle.  The take up spindle is, IMO,
the archilles heal of the OM camera.

AG-Schnozz

I would think that if your takup spindle was slipping enough to make even a singles frame difference that you would have overlapping of frame edges. I always get at least 27 frames out of a 24 exposure roll and have never had an overlap.

Charles