Re: Subject: [OM] Introduction time

Subject: Re: Subject: [OM] Introduction time
From: "Wright, Steve \(Darlington\)" <Steve.Wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:59:18 -0000
Tim, welcome to the list!

Know where you're coming from - been their and bought the tee-shirt etc.

I got back into photography 2 years ago and bought all (I could afford
without the better-half suspecting that is) of the Oly kit I couldn't afford
26 years ago... as in then single, care-free etc., etc.

Had trouble focussing in manual mode due to changing eyesight last year -
well I am approaching 50!! Bought a C*n*n Eos30E (also known as Elan 7E) a
year ago.  Sold all my Oly gear a month after that (on a guilt trip) for
peanuts (hadn't discovered Evilbay then), regretted it and then 4 months ago
had this yearning for OM kit again, discovered Evilbay.co.uk and local photo
stores and bought all similar kit back in.  Now I have an OM1, OM2n, OM4 + 6
lenses and counting - I must get round to actually using some film...

Seriously though, in the North East of England, UK,  the last month (and
today) has been currently plagued with frost and fog - no doubt you've
actually been able to see the sun where you are!  Yes, I know it's a
pathetic excuse... but...

I've also recently just got into slides and bought a Minolta Scan Dual II
film/slide scanner for inkjet print-outs - great results!

Unlike yourself, in the UK there is a plentiful supply of second-hand Oly
kit - just not a plentiful supply of GB pounds in my account - but my credit
card is working overtime at the moment, hell - you can't take your debt with
you when you go, can you?

Welcome back from the dark side - and enjoy, again.

Steve

North East England
UK

P.S. By the way I'm just about to put my C*n*n kit on evilbay this weekend.

<snip>
From: "Tim Helps" <thelps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] Introduction time

Hi list members,
I have just joined your list server and thought I'd drop you all an
introduction.

I have been a long time OM user, owining OM2n, OM20, OM1 and bought an OM4
new in 1984 (I think) which I still have to this day. During this time I
have bought Leica R series, Nikon 801, F90, EOS1s, 100s and around 4 years
ago I went totally autofocus with an EOS50 taking few photos. Well I am back
from the dark side after putting the EOS on consignment I have dusted off my
OM4 and will stay with her for my film camera from now on. I will dabble
with digital a bit also.

OM wise over the years I have had these optics, not all at once but at
various times
<snip>

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com