Re: [OM] P400 printers on Yahoo Auctions UK (OT?)

Subject: Re: [OM] P400 printers on Yahoo Auctions UK (OT?)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 07:53:55 -0800

 Folks

 No bids yet on Olympus P400 A4 dye-sub printers - new, starting at GBP255.
 I can't manage one at the moment, otherwise I'd be keeping quiet.
 These failed to go in earlier, higher offerings

 List is about GBP500 inc VAT

 Theory is that they blow inkjet out of the water

 http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/uk/auction/58115504
 and
 http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/uk/auction/58535468

 No connection with seller etc

 JohnOR
 > (sorry about sig)

Excuse me for being skeptical about hyperbole. When cheap dye sub printers continually rank near the bottom of the list in reviews of home printers including inkjet, and even individuals on this list express difficulty in distinguishing good inkjet prints from photo prints it is hard to imagine anything "blowing inkjet out of the water ". They must be substantially better than photolab enlargements? Wow. And no one in the photo media has noticed?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California