[OM] (OT?) It's a Digital World

Subject: [OM] (OT?) It's a Digital World
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 23:16:37 EST
Just got back from doing a circuit of the computer stores.  The rush to
digital cameras and all the scanners, printers, etc. to accomodate digital
images is very apparent.  Downright scary, in fact.  A much larger section of
each store  now given over to digital imaging products than just six months
back.

Parking lots at the malls are jammed.  Looks just like Christmas... again.
Had to keep my elbows out and "combat shop" to see the merchandise.  This is
a recession???

Rich

P.S.  Didn't see any washing machines.  But it wouldn't surprise me to see a
Whirlpool digital washer/dryer/camera combo at any minute.  When we see flash
memory next to or (more likely) replacing film at the corner 7-11, we'll know
it's over.