Re: [OM] Looking for 50mm f1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for 50mm f1.2
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 14:47:45 +0000
Paul,

Be patient. They aren't as common as the 50/1.4 or 50/1.8 lenses, but they are current production, and they do appear on the used market periodically. They're not rare (e.g. the mythical 40/2, 8/2.8 or 1000/11) but current owners generally *won't* part with them unless they're selling out of the OM system. IMHO it's the best among all the "standard" Zuikos for contrast, resolution, flare resistance and bokeh.

Other excellent standards are the multi-coated 50/1.4 with S/N > 1M and the later multicoated 50/1.8 "Made in Japan" variant. With three bodies and one 50/1.2, the other two have high S/N multi-coated 50/1.4 body caps. Stopped down to f/2.8 and tighter, I'm hard pressed to tell between them. I'm presuming any comparison would be between [KEH] EX+ or better condition lenses.

-- "Mineisnotforsale" John