Re: [OM] photo critique wanted....

Subject: Re: [OM] photo critique wanted....
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 10:38:24 -0800
At 08:53 AM 1/3/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> >>Some reason I like this picture quite a bit:
> >>http://www.dragonsgate.net/richard/gaslamp.jpg
> Comments? I am a bit
> >>surprised by the building distortion on the left,
> as I'm pretty sure I
> >>was using the 50mm lens at that time.

Definitely NOT a 50mm lens.  Perspective and
dimensions are totally wrong.  Couldn't be any longer
than 35mm.  In fact, it almost looks like a shift lens
shot over corrected.  It could also be a 21-24mm shot
that has been cropped to the upper half of the frame
as the camera was pointing slightly downward.

AG-Schnozz

I do have a 24mmm so I can't say for sure this wasn't shot with it. This was when we went to San Diego for a Tai Chi tournament. Definitely not the shift lens, and not cropped at all. This is the full frame scan of the negative.

In any case, *if* it is a 50 mm shot (which I tend to believe, I just don't remember), I can accept the explanations given in other posts.

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]