RE: [OM] In search of 90mm F2 Macro

Subject: RE: [OM] In search of 90mm F2 Macro
From: "Dave Shupe" <kc7iek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 13:50:45 -0800
The following is forwarded from Gary Reese a former Oly list subscriber.

I see a problem here in that folks are combining Buy It Now with actual
auctions.  They represent two different venues, even if they are both
eBay. In the price guide I'm working up now, I ignore Buy It Now's in
determing averages. If I were to use them, they would have to be listed
by themselves.

Here is what 3 1/2 years of data looks like for the 90mm f/2 Macro
Zuiko.
Certainty       Condition (horizontal) / Price (vertical)
        10-     9+      9       9-      8       7       As-Is   ?
IB      680     -       -       -       -       -       -       -
typical 656     693     536     643     431     356     -       -
?       -       -       599     -       -       -       -       -

Any     665     693     552     643     431     356     -       -

IB=in box, ? certainty=higher anxiety over condition,
? condition=no information provided

I decided to end the analysis at Sept 11 because auctions after that
point reflected market uncertainties unlike the 3 1/2 year period before
it.  Until the market stabilizes, there is little sense in trying to
make sense out of Set 11 to present market prices.

Gary Reese

Cheers!

Dave Shupe
kc7iek@xxxxxxxxx

Latitude 47° 43' 1" North, Longitude 122° 6' 15" West