[OM] It must be Hell in there, at the moment.

Subject: [OM] It must be Hell in there, at the moment.
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:21:19 +1300
Hello Zuiks

It's about 1,400 miles from my place to the eastern seaboard of Australia.
Despite that large distance, the winds yesterday were just right to bring us a
great dollop of the smoke from the bush-fires that are raging there
(apparently about 50% are deliberately lit by thrill-seekers). If you can
imagine a dollop of smoke. And the faint smell of gum-tree leaves.

Anyway, yesterday was hot sticky and uncomfortable as the NW winds
pounded us, and towards evening, the blue pall of smoke cut visibility from
50+ miles to 20 or less. Then it got in the way of the sun and there was a
yellow cast over everything that should have been lit by our normal silvery
sunlight. Later, the sun struggled to even shine through at all -  mostly
failing
to do so.

I managed to get some shots showing ( I hope) the yellow sun and the blue
pall.

This morning the winds are coming from a different direction and there's no
smoke to be seen.

Brian

Zuikoholics, enablers, one and all.
Feeding fantasies, emptying pockets!