Re: [OM] Low light shooting

Subject: Re: [OM] Low light shooting
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 13:09:23 -0600
Sean,

Yes, they'll be quite accurate.  Up to a minute or more (depends on the
speed of the film).  The only thing you have to worry about is reciprocity,
but with print film, even that isn't much of an issue.

Try it!

Tom

P.S. it's not a dumb question.

Hi, this may be a dumb question but what the heck.  I shoot with an OM-2n
and I'm wondering if, when the camera is set to auto, the exposure would end
up being correct for low-light situations requiring longer shutter times
than one second (for example a 4 or 8 second exposure).  In other words, can
I shoot a extreme low light situation by choosing the aperture, setting the
camera to auto and letting the TTL metering do it's thing, or will the long
exposures be erratic?

Thanks!

SD