[OM] Oly not the only digital not compatible

Subject: [OM] Oly not the only digital not compatible
From: "Sue Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:55:38 -0600
"But that new Contax digital body with full-frame
sensor is looking quite interesting.  Maybe have an
Aria or two in the bag too for "analog" capture."

Sorry I didn't think of this when the OM lens/new digital body discussion
was going on (and on). When Contax went AF, they announced two bodies, one
film, another with a full frame digital sensor. The film system is out, and
has received overall good reviews from our advertising-influenced press. The
digital version is said to be shipping sometime in March, more than a year
later than announced initially.

The bottom line is this: AF Contax/Zeiss lenses are not interchangable with
MF lenses from the same manufacturer. The party line there is that Zeiss,
which apparently has substantial control over Yashika, was unable to make an
AF lens that would meet their stringent quality standards and be compatible.
Unlike Oly, their concern was mechanical.

So, schnozz-boy, keep the Aria cash, you will need two sets of lenses,
neither with a silver nose. What is this world coming to?

Bill Pearce