Re: [OM] Some More MTF`s for the 28mm Zuik

Subject: Re: [OM] Some More MTF`s for the 28mm Zuik
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:26:23 +0100
On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 07:03:52PM -0800, W.Xato wrote:
> Frieder, Thanks for the test results. I resized all of
> them and overlaid them onto the PhotoDo graphs for
> kicks. It was like they were almost totally different
> lens. Maybe there is more variability from lens to
> lens than one would think. I used to have three 28/2.8
> Zuikos and never liked any of them. I use my 28/2 now
> but still not 100% happy.
>
> Warren

To show this was exactly my intention, when why I made this page.
I wouldn`t even blame sample variation for this differences.
My guess that already hitting different parts (measure points) of one s
ample would lead to different locking graphs.
 Then there is the influence of the testing area. I´ve also read
 in a book that slight differences in focusing also have a
 huge impact (best sharpness vs. best contrast). The light source ....

Altough the graphs look very different, I´d say, despite the
photodo results, that they were on pair.

Frieder Faig