Re: [OM] Polarizer for the 18mm/3.5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Polarizer for the 18mm/3.5?
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 18:09:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi Matt, polarizers with ultrawide angle lens are
sometimes problematic because with the wide angle of
view, the amount of polarization can vary across your
scene so that one part of the sky will be very dark
and another part light. With the 18mm you can take in
a part of the scene directly opposite the sun and 90
degress fromt the sun (the point of maximum
polarization). This is especially so with bright
sunlit scenes. But like Bill, I use a B&W polarizer
with mine and get no vignetting. I graduated neutral
density filter from Lee or similar might be more
useful in outdoor snow scenes.

Warren