Re: [OM] Which is sharper, autofocus or manual focus?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which is sharper, autofocus or manual focus?
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 13:17:36 -0400
On 1/1/02 11:39 AM, "AG Schnozz" <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This woman photorapher sounds like a real piece of
> work. I've come across many like this through the
> years.  However, I have this wedding/portrait friend
> up in Michigan that has little to no technical
> knowledge, but is one of the finest wedding pros I've
> ever seen.  There is a fine line between incompetence
> and being a non-technical person.

Exactly, but from the sounds of things, the woman sounds like she falls into
the incompetent category. A non-technical person might not understand all
the features on their camera (or might use a simpler mechanical camera) but
is still able to get the shots within those constraints. For instance, I
never did get the differences between the AF modes for my C*n*n Elan Iie.
But, I shoot mostly exterior architecture so I didn't need to use those AF
modes for that work. If I was doing any kind of photography that required me
to follow the action, then I'd make sure I knew what each of the modes does
and when it should be used. It would be incompetent of me though to go to a
sporting event (for instance) and try to get good shots without
understanding how those aspects of my camera work (unless it was just a
trial run type of situation to get a feel for how the different AF modes
work).

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx