[OM] [OT] Microsoft settlement (Cringley forward, please pass on)

Subject: [OM] [OT] Microsoft settlement (Cringley forward, please pass on)
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:46:19 -0500
FYI:
---------------------
Feeling proactive?

Here's something for the fun holiday pastimes file. If you're feeling
proactive take a peek at some of the anti-Microsoft settlement petitions
that are swirling around the Internet, one of which is this grassroots
effort ( http://stephenadler.org/petition ).

Why should you bother? Well, as one reader observes, there's this little
legacy of Richard Nixon's administration called the Tunney Act of 1974.
It's designed to open up antitrust cases for public comment on the basis of
determining whether the corporation and the Justice Department's proposed
settlement is in the public interest. We're now inside the 60-day comment
period that started on Nov. 28.

So, do you agree with the settlement? Join in the holiday fun and send an e-
mail to microsoft.atr@usdoj, and send a copy to
attorney.general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

( Cringely@xxxxxxxxxxxx  (ROBERT X. CRINGELY(R): "Notes from the Field"
from InfoWorld.com, Monday, December 31, 2001)
---------------------
So lick your pencils and put in your 2¢ - even if you live in Timbuctu.

Tom
------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx N45.412 W75.714
Laws are the spider's webs which,
if anything small falls into them they ensnare it,
but large things break through and escape.
        --Solon, statesman (c.638-c558 BCE)
I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the rights of
the people by the gradual and silent encroachments of those in
power than by violent and sudden usurpations. -James Madison,
fourth US president (1751-1836)