[OM] OM 4: dead display?

Subject: [OM] OM 4: dead display?
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu \(Lama\)" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:50:27 -0500
I just received and installed fresh batteries into my first OM-4.  (Not
4Ti).  If I switch to Manual and walk into a darkroom, am I supposed to be
able to see a manual metering bar graph?  The SIF site mentions a self
illuminator.  I can see a floating bar graph, but the left and right facing
arrows DON'T light up.  Similarly, the SPOT, SHADOW, and HILIGHT buttons
don't do anything in the finder.

I have booted by switching to manual, and setting the speed dial to "B",
then cycling back and forth between Auto and Manual several times.

I have checked the bottom plate screws for tightness.

Unless you folks can think of anything else to try, I'm returning it.
<sigh>

This is OM-4 dead, right?  And a dead OM-4 is beyond economical repair,
right?

Jim L'Hommedieu