Re: [OM] XA vs Stylus Epic?

Subject: Re: [OM] XA vs Stylus Epic?
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 02:56:11 -0500
Give him a book of good photos.

Teach him to watch his framing & how the objects relate within the frame.

Then teach him how to use the spot focus/exposure to concentrate on one
object in the photo.

I like my Epic. But it's the brain that makes pictures.

tOM.

On Sunday, December 30, 2001 at 18:41, Curtis P. Hedman
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] XA vs Stylus Epic?" saying:

> Hopefully this wont get me too badly zinged.....
>
> Anyone care to compare the Olympus XA with the Olympus Stylus Epic? I
> bought my young son an Epic, and he has gotten some pretty decent photos
> with it - but of course with no creative control worth mentioning.  Any
> ideas how the two lenses compare? I'm reasonably sure the Epic has a much
> cheaper, less sophisticated design, but I'm wondering if anyone has actually
> compared the two side-by-side...... since they are both 35mm f/2.8
> configurations.
>
> Information and general comments all appreciated!
>
> Curt
------------------- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ottawa-
photo-clubs
tOM A. Trottier,        ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115    N45.412
W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980