Re: [OM] Sniping programs

Subject: Re: [OM] Sniping programs
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:00:28 -0500
My guess is that every half hour he scans pages like

http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/newtoday/all/category15200/index.html

which are updated about 30 minutes after listing and 30 minutes before
being searchable, and have BIN icons.

Tom

On Saturday, December 29, 2001 at 11:32, Brian Swale
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] Sniping programs" saying:

> Hi Folks
>
> Well, that's interesting.  By my count 5 sniping programs came out of the
> woodwork, including the one (hammersnipe) that I've used sometimes.
>
> Takes the stress out of it. Set the value and walk away and leave it.
>
> NOW, what we have to find is the program that "oldenglishchina" uses that
> informs "him" about new 'steals' on eBay at least 30 minutes before anybody
> else sees them. THAT would be a find too. And then some.
>
> Brian
------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx N45.412 W75.714
Laws are the spider's webs which,
if anything small falls into them they ensnare it,
but large things break through and escape.
        --Solon, statesman (c.638-c558 BCE)
I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the rights of
the people by the gradual and silent encroachments of those in
power than by violent and sudden usurpations. -James Madison,
fourth US president (1751-1836)