Re: [OM] DUMB,DUMB,DUMB I

Subject: Re: [OM] DUMB,DUMB,DUMB I
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:26:26 -0000
I have the same problem as Roger re the rewind button...It is on a "hair
trigger". If you rewind slowly and carefully sometimes the lever stays in
the rewind position, other times it just will not hold. Hanging on 'till the
summer when I will get all 3 serviced.
     The only time I shot an imaginary roll of film I was at Dinosaur
National Monument.. N.E.corner of Utah or N.W. Colorado?  Family holiday,
children had had enough of "monsters" and wanted to move on to relatives in
Wyoming. I was swapping between colour print film and B+W in different
bodies and changing lenses. Both films ran out, I changed them, and then
concentrated on the B+W. When we left I had 2 frames left on a 36 exp film
so I decided to take some outdoor shots. 6 or 7 shots later the penny
dropped! The B+W film had not wound on. Since that day it has become second
nature to tension the rewind spool after loading and to watch out for the
rewind knob turning. Hopefully oneday - perhaps this year -  I will get to
repeat the shots.
                           Regards, John Duggan, Wales, UK.