Re: [OM] fungus repair in Sydney - Zuiko f4, 75-150 Zoom lens

Subject: Re: [OM] fungus repair in Sydney - Zuiko f4, 75-150 Zoom lens
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:07:22 -0800
In the Oly repair FAQ at http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/camrep.faq.html#ques_C5, there are instructions for DIY fungus removal. The FAQ credits John Hermanson of Oly repair fame and this list as the conduit for this Official Olympus procedure. Sounds like it's the same thing a lens expert would charge you for. I think John left for a few days of holiday. It sounds really easy to try on the front surface of the front element.

Michael Raj wrote:

Hi fellow Zuiks

I recently purchased a 2nd hand f4, 75-150 Zoom Olympus lens. On closer examination, I discoverd that it had some small fungus growth at the periphery of the front lens ( facing the front lens cap).

Can anyone suggest if they know of a lens expert in Sydney or Australia who can remedy the problem.

Thanks

Michael