[OM] Christmas exchange

Subject: [OM] Christmas exchange
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 21:05:52 EST
When my photo arrived in the mail with a return address from Mike Veglia, I
was excited.  I told my wife that this was the guy who did a lot of
photographs of racing cars . . . and he even has had some published.
Wouldn't it be cool if that is what he sent!  Well, it would have to wait
until Christmas Day.  So with the entire family around, Santa (that's me) got
to explain about the mysterious envelope from California, from I fellow I had
never met, but felt like I shared a little in common with and also felt like
I knew a little about him.  And then there was the story about Bob getting
this organized and yeah I had to tell them about what I had sent to my
person.  Well, the moment of truth came and what emerged from the envelope
was a stunning photograph of Phil Hill in a bright red 1962 Formula 1 Ferrari
at the Laguna Seca race track.  Did I mention the photograph was stunning and
the car bright red!  Mike weapon of choice that day was an OM 4T and 350 mm f
2.8.  Guess we could drool on the car and the camera.  This was a fantastic
idea and I look forward to next year when I can add another photograph from
the group to the 2001 version.  Bill Barber