Re: [OM] Finished with eBay?

Subject: Re: [OM] Finished with eBay?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:08:30 EST
In a message dated 12/21/01 7:07:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
johncw@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I think I'm going to quit buying on eBay

John, my experience is similar to Bill's: several deals (about 75, actually),
only a couple of them less than honest, and those worked out (got a
reimbursement for repair in one case, and returned the item for a refund in
the second case -- seller really didn't want to -- I insisted).

My "defense" against the jerks is to check their feedback, email lots of
questions if the auction description is too brief, and read "between the
lines".  If I don't like the tone of the ad ("Negresco" is one notorious
offender here -- everything he sells is just too good to be true -- his
descriptions are laughable, not to mention the terrible grammar), or the
response I get to a question, I just don't bid.  I've had to swallow hard and
pass on some auctions because my "gut" told me something just wasn't right
about it.  If they show exorbitant shipping charges, I don't bid, etc.

Sad to hear this if from our "neighborhood".  Kenmore Camera is about half
cup o' coffee from Bothell, and they are a decent camera shop with fair Oly
inventory.  If I had the guy's address, I'd be tempted to pay him a personal
visit.  Bet he's using a P.O. box, though, eh?

Rich