Cropping (was Re: [OM] New Olys (my opinion))

Subject: Cropping (was Re: [OM] New Olys (my opinion))
From: Josh Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:47:15 -0800
>Yes, last night when I was trying to print an enlargement, I
>just can't face cropping anything, so I set it to 11x7 and
>printed on an 11x17 sheet.

>10x8 is a lousy aspect ratio for 35mm :-) Grrr....

Buy paper larger than you want, and cut it it half to get a
format closer to the aspect ratio of 35mm.  e.g. 16x20 turns into
two 10x16 sheets.  I have a guide set up for my mat cutter that
lets me cut down a stack of five sheets of 16x20 to make ten
sheets of 10x16 per cut, and made an easel out of formica
countertop scraps that fits this format.  It's great for 35mm,
and also for the 6x9cm negatives of my Mamiya Press.

--
       josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
         http://www.phred.org/~josh/