Re: [OM] Battery for Spotmeter

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery for Spotmeter
From: "Bill Owens" <wowens1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:00:44 -0500
> Keenly interested as I picked up an old spotmeter recently. Can't work out
> why it needs two batteries!? I suppose the 640PX is a 2.7V and the
alkaline
> a 3V. Sigh. I think I've seen a silver version made by Excel (Chinese) but
> I'll have to check. If so, I'll test one against my still working merc.
> What's the 1/21 mean?
> AndrewF

This meter is apparently quite a bit older than yours.  It uses the 640 and
a standard 9V battery.  I think I have figured out why they use 2 batteries
though.  There are 2 ranges in the viewfinder, H and L, (high and low light
I would assume) and on this particular meter the L range is driven by the 9V
battery, but the H range is driven by the now dead 640 and there is no
response when I push the H button.

1/21 means it has a 1 degree spot inside a 21 degree field of view.

Bill, KG4LOV
wowens1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx