Re: [OM] 85-250 F5...quality?

Subject: Re: [OM] 85-250 F5...quality?
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:54:02 -0800
The 85-250 is a very nice lens. IMO it is one of the better Zuiko zooms in
terms of optical quality. At f5 it is a bit slow, so you will need a fair
amount of light, or fast film.I purchased on this last summer and have not used
it a whole lot yet, but the shots I have
taken with it have been very sharp. It is a long lens, and really needs a
tripod most of the time, but with a good tripod and good technique I think you
will really enjoy the results. I have done some hand holding of the lens, and
if the shutter speed is high enough, and
your are very still, you can get decent results as well. I would not call the
lens 'very rare' but they definatly do not come up for sale all that often. I
have been using the lens at my nephews wrestling meets, in combination with a
T32 and the T32 zoom adapter. I will
be picking up the prints tomorrow and will try to post a note as to what I
think if I get a chance. (Another wrestling meet tomorrow to shoot.)

The OM-2s does go through batteries faster than other OMs. Mine goes through
batteries about every 6 months. IF you use a flash, ther ready light (green) in
most Om2s bodies can suck the batteries down real fast. If you have a red flash
ready light the body has been
modified to eliminate this particular problem.

BTW, I also have the 35-80 f2.8 and it is one of my favorite lenses.

Jim Couch