Re: [OM] Midwest meet'n'greet

Subject: Re: [OM] Midwest meet'n'greet
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:02:17 -0800 (PST)
John Lind wrote so elequently:
> I'm not going to let Iowans make
> claim to being somewhere more nowhere than the
> rest of us also nowhere, but somewhere else.

Ya buddy, but you are close enough to Michigan to not be too far
from somewhere.  What is Iowa near?  Minnisota, South Dakota,
Nebraska, Illinois, a wee bit of Wisconsion and Missouri.
MISSOURI!!!

I didn't claim that Iowa was "nowhere" just that it is in the
"middle of nowhere".  Indiana?  Ahem, now THAT is nowhere! <g>

> I just drove through Iowa and Nebraska on I-80 about a month
> ago...

Passed within a half mile of both me and Joel.  My backyard
overlooks the interstate, his overlooks a river (sometimes under
the river).

To me, the definition of "middle of nowhere" is "at least a
day's drive to somewhere".  I can get to Chicago, but Chicago is
still Illinois.  A day's drive will just barely get me to
northern Wisconsin.  Indianapolis is just a few hours from
Michigan, so even though you live "nowhere" you are close enough
to "somewhere" that there is no way you can claim to be in the
"middle".

First time Karen took me to her parents' farm we got there late
one evening.  I got out of the car, looked around and noted that
we were in the middle of nowhere.  She looked at me and said "I
grew up here, this is home."  Home is never nowhere.

There's nowhere like home, there's nowhere like home...

<click> <click>

AG-Schnozzz