[OM] M-1 on e*ay

Subject: [OM] M-1 on e*ay
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 06:36:06 -0800
Never got back to the list at large.  I did stop by and look at the M-1
that's currently on E*ay.  It's in OK shape, certainly not a very good
'collector' specimen.  The bottom plate does have some engraving on it
(looks like a driver's license number) on both the very bottom surface, and
the rear rim of the plate (rather odd).  There's also a small 'hiccup', or
'dent' even in the same bottom plate that they failed to mention in their
listing.  Then, what they describe as the slower shutter speeds being
'inconsistent', I'd almost characterize more as being non-functional.  When
I tripped the shutter at 1 second, the first screen traversed just fine, but
then nothing happened until I changed the shutter speed ring.  On balance,
the rest of the camera looks OK.  The 'leatherette' is in decent shape, not
lifting anywhere, and the usual spots for wear are there (burnishing of the
finish by the strap lugs etc.), but not to a fault.  It is a properly low
SN, being somewhere in the 103xxx range.  Surprisingly, the foam wasn't in
horrible shape either.

My $0.02 worth regarding this one.

Jim