Subject: [OM] Flash techniques for total beginners?

From: "Jim L'Hommedieu \(Lama\)" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 23:34:38 -0500
Hmmm.  Interesting.  My perception was the the T32 and T20 flashes are
slightly bluer and slightly cyaner than photographic daylight.  I put a very
mild "1/4 orange" gel over the flash tube.  No more problem.

Another approach is to purchase film with "extra saturation".  Personally, I
don't care for it but others like that hyped skin tone that looks like an
over adjusted TV set.  Different strokes for different folks.

Jim

Mark Lloyd's flash question:
>I am of a
Northern European background (non pc: white as white
can get) as is most of my family. I find that the
flashes I am using, although certainly adequate in the
illumination dept. Are in many cases way too strong
and make me and my family look like they just bathed
in bleached flour.