[OM] Olympus & macro

Subject: [OM] Olympus & macro
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:39:36 +1300
Hi

A week or two back when we were recommending books for a beginner to
read, one of the books I mentioned was

John JOHNS  "Know Your Camera"

This is written by a guy I worked for once, in my callow youth (he got me my
first 35mm camera (wholesale, bless his heart & memory), a Practica FX
with a Zeiss Tessar - it was later stolen from my rooms in College in the UK),
who was official photographer for the New Zealand Forest Service.

The interesting thing about this book is that all shots are made using Oly
cameras, even though the topic is photography generally.

All shots bar 2 are made using Pen FT cameras. One stunning shot with a
FT setup is at 80x magnification.

The cover shot is of an OM1 with some bird or other.  Come to NZ and I'll
introduce you to a cousin - I think her name is Petroica. Isn't that a  pretty
name? <g>

Don't all rush the 2nd hand stocks of this book at once;  there aren't that
many available on-line.

Brian
No trumpet, no clarinet, no oboe;
Just a plain old  p - i - a - n - o .