Re: [OM] Midwest meet'n'greet

Subject: Re: [OM] Midwest meet'n'greet
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:39:24 -0800 (PST)
Ken, where are you in the middle of Iowa? I go out
there every year to visit my grandparents who live 20
miles NW of Des Moines.

Also, you people in the midwest dont' know what
'nowhere' means. Spend a month with my Uncles family
in Cheyenne, go out 20 miles from the city in any
direction, and one can profoundly understand the
meaning of 'nowhere.' Heck, go out anywhere beyond a
populated region and 'nowhere' becomes applicable. The
problem with the Midwest is that smack in the middle
is Chicago, a city which has traffic problems that are
just as bad as NY and a skyline that rivals the Big
Apple. Chicago is about a 'somwhere' as one can get.
Anyplace that has Jersey Barriers all over cannot by
appearance be 'somewhere'.

Mark Lloyd