[OM] Lens Advise needed

Subject: [OM] Lens Advise needed
From: "Charles Monroe" <chasmnro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:56:33 -0500
      As I said before I spend a lot of time out on the water and as we all
 know that environment, especially salt water, is not friendly to
photographic
 equipment.
    I need a long focus lens to shoot that gull on a piling, osprey in her
nest, or
that onshore lighthouse that I don't dare get close to.  Can anyone suggest
lens in the 200+mm range, preferably a zoom, that has an above average
tolerance to such an environment?
    Also can anyone suggest a protective plastic "camera bag" for shooting
with in
lousy weather that they have found satisfactory and where they purchased it?
Thanks
Charles Monroe