[OM] Question.

Subject: [OM] Question.
From: "pirjol" <pirjol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 06:28:18 +0100
I'm trying to figure out when my OM-2 was "born". I thought you all could
help me a bit.
1. I read somewhere in an Olympus FAQ on the web that there is a way to find
out the exact date when the camera was manufactured (a code behind the
pressure plate, or something like that).
    I can't do that right now, cause the camera is loaded with film.
2. The same FAQ stated that there are two versions of the OM-2. Well, I have
the version with the centre-weighed measuring system (not the averaging
one), which I understand was only available until 1978, then it was changed.
Is that true? Does that mean mine was built before '78?

    cris