Re: [OM] (OT) Bagpipes (Was: So far OT as to Defy Descriptio)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Bagpipes (Was: So far OT as to Defy Descriptio)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:55:25 EST
In a message dated 12/12/01 10:05:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Always wanted to learn, myself. how does one start?
>
>  ---
>  Scott Gomez

Sorry.  Hit the wrong key.  To "begin" you can buy a chanter and practice
tapes, which I'm thinking of doing, Scott.  A good chanter can run $100 or
so.  My uncle, who is a longtime dedicated piper, says to be sure to take
some lessons, so you don't develop any bad habits.  So find a good
piper/teacher in your neighborhood pipe band.  It's surprising just how many
pipe bands there are in the U.S. and Canada.

Here's a fun link for ya:

 <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/blackbeardian/fergusmain.html";>Uncle
Fergus' Homepage: Bagpipers' Paradise!</A>

http://www.geocities.com/blackbeardian/fergusmain.html

Email him a question or comment.  He'll answer in his Long John Silver way of
speakin'.  Aye.

I'm thinking of going to NYC for Tartan Day, April 6.  10,000 pipers spread
over 10 blocks.  That'll send a message to terrorists!  What a photo op that
will be!  Only trouble is, I get too emotional, and tear up.  Need autofocus
for pipes bands, I do.

Rich (OMs and bagpipes -- what a list!)