Re: [OM] Happy Chanukah to all those that acknowledge the holiday!

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy Chanukah to all those that acknowledge the holiday!
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:49:51 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:58:23 -0000, Steve Gullick wrote:

>The problem Barry, is that if both sides retaliate every time, the conflict
>will never end.

Actually, game theory shows a tit for tat strategy to be one of the
best ways to maximize gains while limiting losses.

And worth noting is that all the arabs have to do is to quit
attacking Israel and killing Israelis. Several times the Israelis
have offered land for peace, and the Arabs have shown themselves
unwilling. And as long as the destruction of the Jewish state is a
stated goal of Palestinian organizations, you can't really expect the
Israelis to just curl up and take it, can you?

>It distresses me to see children, wherever they are from, being killed.
>Someday, someone will have to say that they have had enough, will stop
>retaliating and start talking properly.
>
>Personally, I think that this must come from the Israelis.

And they've offered. In vain, to date.

-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co