Digital Migration (From [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant])

Subject: Digital Migration (From [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant])
From: "Henry Bottjer-BA" <hcbottj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:11:06 -0500
Interesting that the topic of a digital migration comes up.  The NY Times
today ran an article about the adoption of digital, but from the perspective
of the companies who thought people would then print the pictures at home
(which is not working out like many of the companies had hoped).

The article does not have too many stats about digital adoption but did
mention that about 80f the pictures taken last year were digital, with
only 0.90f prints made came from digital cameras (how they calculate that
I'll never know).

I am actually running the other way - I shelved my OM-1n for a while in
favor of an Oly C-2000 (well it was cutting edge at the time).  Now I'm back
to the film camera.  Just can't beat the flexibility and I found I missed
the manual control!

The Times article is available online (free) for a while at
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/10/technology/ebusiness/10DIGI.html?todayshea
dlines

Henry