[OM] om1 flash questions

Subject: [OM] om1 flash questions
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 13:45:05 -0400
I recently bought an OM1 and decided to sell it to look for a better
one, but I took it off eb*y early before it hit the reserve, as I
discovered something that I hadn't noticed before I listed it. I tried
it with some flashes I have, and it's working rather erratic. It will
not fire my Achiever 632t, either on the hot shoe or by the PC
connection. Nor will it fire my old Vivitar 85t by the PC connector. My
OM10 and OMPC will both fire them (hotshoe), and my old RC will fire
them both by hotshoe or PC. Even my Yashic* GSN fires them either way.
        I thought it was obviously something wrong with the camera, till I
tried an old basic toshiba flash (GN of 15) I have, and the OM1 will
fire it with both hot shoe and PC connection. So what's up?
        I have a t20 flash but I hesitate to try it on the OM1 as it doesn't
look as though the shoe 1 will insulate the extra 2 connection pins, and
I'm not sure what the consequences of that would be.
Thanks, Wayne Culberson