Re: [OM] Critique needed

Subject: Re: [OM] Critique needed
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:03:12 -0800
At 10:43 AM 04/12/2001 -0800, Clendon Gibson wrote:

[snip]

The second picture, (the green one) looks like a
classic color balance problem. You used film balanced
for daylight under a light that has a different
spectrum.

Flourescent gives a yellow tinge, and incandescant
gives a kind of sepia tone. I don't know what kind of
light would cause this extreme green shift though.

Actually, fluorescent usually causes a sickly greenish tone when used with daylight film. I use a violet (FL) filter to deal with the greenish cast, but it's not perfect. Fluorescent's just gross light for film.

Garth

I agree. I don't use color negative film much, but the one time I used Fuji Reala for snaps of people at the office I was really pleased with the results. I read that Fuji uses an extra layer for green compensation in some of their films. It does not add a color cast, but seems to operate only when there is excess green. It seems to help a lot.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California