[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2903

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2903
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughan.bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:41:00 +1100
The Pentax 6x7 -- a medium format camera designed like a huge 35mm slr
-- has a focal plane shutter but could be fitted with a 90mm leaf
shutter lens (for daylight fill-flash). The 90mm leaf shutter lens
requires that the fp shutter be set to 1/8 sec. Using it was a pain:
wind the film/fp shutter, then cock the leaf shutter on the lens
separately. No interlocks or fail-safes, a classic kludge if ever there
was. But it worked.

Vaughan