Re: [OM] 50/2 macro question

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/2 macro question
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:57:41 -0800 (PST)
Get a lint free lens cloth (Scotch Brite by 3m is
best) and some lens cleaner (either Kodak of Nikon are
best) and put a few drops on the cloth, wipe the lens
with the cloth and then wipe it again with a dry part
of the cloth, I find this method is wonderful for
getting even the toughest grime off a lens and keeping
the coating nice and new looking. Never apply pressure
because if there is anything abrasive stuck to the
lens it'll gouge the coating, using the weight of the
cloth itself for the first few swipes should be
sufficient to get any nasty stuff off and your coating
shouldnt be damaged at all since there isn't enough
pressure to dig in any abrasive stuff. After the lens
looks really clean then you can apply some gentle
pressure to get the glass nice and sparkling. I use
this method all the time and it has never resulted in
cleaning marks or damage to the coating on any of my
lenses.

To clean up the lens body get a very mild soap
solution and get a rag so it is just barely damp with
the stuff, wipe the lens body with the solution and if
there are any tough areas use a little force, then go
over the body again with a barely damp rag of just tap
water, this gets things clean. wring these two rags
out until you cant wring any more before cleaning
because the last thing you need is excess moisture.
Again I have used this method to good effect, the lens
should dry near instantly BTW.

Mark Lloyd