Re: [OM] question about lens 85f2

Subject: Re: [OM] question about lens 85f2
From: "Bachofen" <mbachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:00:52 -0600
Howdy all,
        I'm back on the list after a short break from the September madness.  I
hope all is well with everyone.  I have an 85mmf2 that has a problem.  When I
examine it carefully, I notice slight haze.  The problem can be clearly seen in
most of my photos taken with it.  I use the correct hood, and lines appear only
at the top of the photo (Horizontal shots)  In this example it is on the right
side
http://pwp.clearsource.net/mbachofen/images/britrain.jpg

Ideas?  Is this fixable.  It doesn't seem to be spider web like.

Also, how do I know if I have the older version of this lens?  Is there a
serial number cutoff that is known.  Thanks
M.E. Bachofen