RE: RE: [OM] List member's good graces

Subject: RE: RE: [OM] List member's good graces
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:51:33 +1100
> > Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It also got caught in a rainstorm last weekend, and me with

> Wayne Harridge [mailto:wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Why am I not surprised ?  Sydney weather !

Temporary aberration, I swear! Where do you think we are? Melbourne? <g>

Actually, specifically we were at Botany Bay (La Perouse - some
internat's might actually know it - Bare Island in particular - as
it was suppose to have featured in Mission Impossible 2).
http://members.tripod.com/beachwallpaper/gallery/pages/Bare.htm
(note, *not* my page - just one I found)

Anyways, large cargoship in the middle of the bay, clouds forming
and rising from the bay as you watched, dark thunderheads
happening and coming across from the west with a wall of
gray below them, and tepid humidity breathing offshore.

Unsling the OM1 from my shoulder, ready to get some reflections
in tidal pools and rock-shelf puddles, with apocalyptic
sky included and dark (almost black) water stirring against shore,
with me struggling with a happy-to-be-near-the-sea Airedale
Terrier (sort of like a 65lb Jack Russell on acid), when the
meteorological mother decides to send a missive of doom ahead
of her main attack, which resulted in a massive, windy burst of
torrential downpoor (drops of rain the size of small SLRs)
that left me drowned-soaked on my quick-walk back to the car,
OM1 tucked under my Quasimodo'd body in one hand, and Monty
(that's the dog) trying to back out of the rain in the other.

Didn't get off a single shot. Still, it was fun in it's own way.

Cheers
Marc (Notes for next time - plastic bag, rubber band, no dog)
Sydney, Oz