[OM] Dodgy Bounce Grip operation

Subject: [OM] Dodgy Bounce Grip operation
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:35:16 -0800 (PST)
Well I was using my OM-4 with a BG2 at Thanksgiving
dinner on Friday and unfortunatley I wasted several
shots when the flash (a T-32) did not fire. The
batteries on the camera were low but the flash
batteries were new. The flash also didn't fire several
times with a 4t which had new batteries. The flash
fired everytime, hovever, when I connected the TTL
cord directly to it. I see three potential points of
problems. 1 is the camera itself with the low
batteries and everything, but that doesn't explain the
4t not firing well. 2 is the BG2 which might have a
short in it, but it has consostently fired afterwords
and I tested it a couple of times. Third is the flash
itself. But again I wonder why sometimes it works and
sometimes it doesn't. A possible short? Any ideas.
Thanks.

Mark Lloyd