Re: [OM] 40mm f2

Subject: Re: [OM] 40mm f2
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 14:12:07 -0800
That's the first I've read of LD glass in the 40mm as well. I'm not sure I'd be as dismissive of its qualities as you apparently are, though. Whatever kind of glass is inside the bottom line here remains that I've found it be an excellent performer. Now admittedly, I have no way to compare this lens to other product as I only use Zuiko lenses, but then again good results tend to speak for themselves.

Tris

Hmmmmm. Yes, you're right, that it the quote from the book. I wonder why, in all the other literature that I can find, there is no mention of this lens using LD glass? It would be highly unlikely, IMO, that this lens would use FOUR elements of LD glass and sell for $120 in 1986 ($95.95 dealer net). The 50/1.2 netted at $227, 50/1.4 $117, and 50/1.8 $66.

Me thinks that the editors of the OM System Lens Handbook took a little poetic license. ;-)

Skip