Re: [OM] Re: 4040 Digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 4040 Digital
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:05:13 -0700
At 11:44 AM 23/11/2001 -0500, Dave Dougherty wrote:
>Here is a URL to a photo I took of my grandson on Thanksgiving.  His
>bassinette has a translucent hood that was closed above his head with
>daylight coming through the hood to light the infant.  I set the camera on
>"P" mode and shot hand-held.  Results are very pleasing.

I'd say so.  The earlier comment about digitals allowing almost instant
gratification is one of their biggest attractions, regardless of the quality of
the image -- but that's a nice, soft image of the boy, albeit a bit cool
(another great thing about digital images -- near-instant diddling with the
appropriate software to change their colour balance, saturation etc. to suit
your vision of the scene...).

Garth