Re: [OM] HTG

Subject: Re: [OM] HTG
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:04:24 EST
In a message dated 11/22/01 8:12:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I am considering a
"supplemental" 4040 as a Christmas present. Does anyone have any comments on
this camera?

I just used my new 4040 for the Thanksgiving camera.  It produces very good
photos and has lots of very useful features.  It is my first autofocus camera
(beyond what a Stylus 80 does) and the difficulty is to be careful of what
the focus "cross hair" is aimed at.  If there are adult beverage glasses (or
child beverage glasses for that matter (g) ) in the foreground it's easy to
end up with the human subject in the back ground out of focus.  I find it to
be very good in low light situations for available light photos.  Later I'll
put up a couple of URLs for some of the photos.  Overall I am really pleased
with the camera.  One thing that may or may not be a negative; family insists
on the 4040 as we can hook it up to the TV and see the photos immediately.
The instant gratification is really powerful.

Dave Dougherty