Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200/2.8 vs Tokina's ATX series

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200/2.8 vs Tokina's ATX series
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:27:19 -0500
Cc: I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Don't interpret a single auction price as an indication of quality. The sample set isn't high enough. The guy buying the ATX probably got lucky that day.

OTOH, you can make an argument that the Tamron should bring more money since the Adaptall mount brings in a much wider group of buyers. The sales potential of an ATX in a less-common mount is dependent on who sees the auction and "needs" one.

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed here.