Re: [OM] Speaking of Spiders

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of Spiders
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:48:07 -0800
At 10:19 AM 11/13/2001 +0000, you wrote:

>Can anyone definitively identify Boris?

Golden Orb Weaver, and yes, it's Doris. Reminds me... I have a roll to develop
that has one of these on it, found in the swamp.

Beuatiful pic, and spider, BTW.

Tom

One things that intrigue me is that our garden spiders seem to only show up in October and are gone when the rain season starts in Nov. I have no idea where they are during the rest of the year. Obviously hiding somewhere and fattening themselves up.

Doris is beautiful. How big is that thing? Is it really an bigassus texaspideroo? If so, it must be at least 2 ft. long :-)!

The garden spider I took a picture is pretty large, the body (abdomen?) is about half an inch long.

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]