[OM] Camera repair

Subject: [OM] Camera repair
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:07:27 +1300
Hi Folkes

While traipsing (you'll have to look that one up - even though I have never
used it before, it applies) through the internet and I came across this gem.

(Trick - really difficult bit - find the Zuiko link) (g)

http://photographic.co.nz/cameraworks/Default.htm

Hey; and some news.  I have been granted a leave pass from the dragon and
offsprings, and hopefully head off on Thursday morning for some serious
photography for 2 - 3 days.  I'll send shots of the SUV, to be sure. It's called
Starlittle.

To see where I'm off to, haul out your Atlas, and find the Pacific Ocean. That
shouldn't be too hard. Now turn the page 180º so that the North Pole is
nearest your tummy. Go to the top right of the Pacific Ocean and
somewhere to the left of the solid blob that is Australia, you should find a
small string of attenuated green and white in the blue.  That's NZ, start point.
Go to the top right of top big island on that part of the map and you should
see a humungous corrugated block of gneiss that is Fiordland, with the
greywacke Southern Alps strung out towards you. Of course the printing is
upside down which doesn't help. Near Fiordland, wedged between the Alps
and the (Tasman) sea is a coastal plain with some forest and a lagoon called
Okarito.  That's the target; 220 miles from here by road. First item to pack
after cameras is some DIMP or equivalent insect repellent. The NZ version of
'no-see-ums' is called "sand-fly" - don't ask me why 'cos I don't know. In
daylight hours they assemble in hordes to carry off any red meat  .....
preferably still wriggling.

Brian