Re: [OM] New Voigtlander lens for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] New Voigtlander lens for OM
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:05:02 +1100
These were, apparently, a very limited production in several classic mounts
and may already be discontinued! They've looked after the home market first.
The guy who runs Cosina is a mad Leica fan and has been doing some amazing
stuff that can't possibly turn a profit. For example, limited production of
3 Nikon rangefinder mount lenses; Voigt. Bessa T - 5,000 of each in four
colours with a special Heliar collapsible 50/3.5.
The 125mm lens hasn't been released in Leica thread yet but the queue is
around the corner already. The only problem with any of the Cosina
Voigtlander kit is the basic body which is the one size fits all unit that
doubles as the Nikon FG10 (?) and Oly 2000. It's well featured and
lightweight but not robust and the rangefinders on the R version are
already notorious. The lenses, however, are quite amazing. Consequently,
there is now a chorus of people wanting to buy that collapsible Heliar
without the body to fit on their Leica, Hexar, Canon V, etc!
Tonnes of info at Stephen Gandy's www.cameraquest.com site.
AndrewF